-->

Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Stargazer Green Glitter Nails…

RIMMEL ULTRA SHINE TOP COATGREEN GLITTER NAILS STARGAZERGREEN GLITTER NAILS RIMMELRIMMEL STARGAZER GREEN GLITTER
Green Glitter*: Stargazer
Rimmel High Shine Top Coat

The awesome people at Stargazer kindly sent me a wee care package the other week of some of their newest stock & aside from the eyeliner pen (which is awesome) this green glitter pot stood out to me the most. One because it is sparkly, everyone loves a bit of glitter non? & two, the colour, I love the colour green so much, black aside, it’s probably my favourite.

The obvious thing to do with a glitter pot is probably to use it as eye shadow, which would be fab but I really wanted to be able to get more every day wear out of it so, as you can see, nails quickly sprung to mind.
It’s kind of self explanatory how I did it but basically & coated my nails with clear polish, dunked my fingers into the glitter pot, let the polish dry a little, wiped off the excess glitter from my nails & fingers then added another couple our clear top coats to keep the glitter in place & looking mighty shiny!

Now I know what you are thinking, it’s all well & good that it looks pretty on your nails Hev, but was it a bitch to get off?!?! NO! :) Because of the clear coat that I used, it’s kind of gel like, the glitter was SUPER easy to get off my nails, you know no dunking them in goodness knows how much nail varnish remover & going through a packet of cotton wool pads, no, no, this baby just peeled right off when I wanted it to, leaving no sign of any glitter, hurrah! :)

What do you think? Have you ever tried using glitter as nail varnish?

You can follow me on instagram, username: @effiesmakeupbox
twitter // lookbook //asos ff

14 comments:

  1. amazing blog!

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah wow they look amazing, the green really looks stunning! It's not a colour i usually go for on my nails but i'd definitely be tempted to do a green glitter look now.

    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks incredibly pretty :)
    How cool that it even got off easily, wouldn't expect that!

    Spark&Bark

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a good idea! I've never thought of it but it looks amazing. The colour is gorgeous xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look really nice! I love that they came off easily too, usually glitter is a right pain to get rid of! xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks really cool! I love glitter nails so much, it's like an instant party on your fingertips :D Nice blog, following! xx Romy

    rusty-revolvers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your blog,wow awesome Definitely following!!,here is my loved blog,i think maybe you are love too:

    Fashion Jewelry Store
    Silver Jewelry
    Crystal Jewelry
    Pearl Jewelry
    black tahitian pearl

    Keep in touch,best wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks fab, a little messy but totally worth the effort!

    xx | PixiRella

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool!
    Your blog is really nice.
    You've got a new follower here! :)
    Feel free to visit my blog and if you like follow back! ;)

    ♥♥♥
    Didi
    www.birthdaygirl.me

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a good idea, and so much cheaper than buying various glittery nail polishes (and it looks better!) xx

    ReplyDelete